What does it mean to let your light shine as a believer
What does it mean to be a light to others?
Personally, I believe we naturally shine our light as we reach out, encourage, and demonstrate God’s love to people in need.
Our goal as believers is to always be not only to actively spreading the gospel, but to also live as examples at work, in our businesses, and at home.
What if you don’t feel like you have any light to shine?
You have a light to shine. Even when you don’t feel like you are the shiniest example, God can use you to give his message if you don’t let fear hold you back.
Fear stops us from showing who we really are and takes away our confidence. You should ask yourself, “would I really stand up and let someone else know what the Lord has done for me, or would I stay silent because I am scared?”
Don’t miss the chance to shine bright for Christ because you are afraid of what other people think. Remember, you are representing God’s glory not your own.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.” (2 Cor. 4:6 NLT)
You can rest assured that God’s glory, his message, and his works are not dependent on others think or feel. When you choose to shine with the light he has given you, no one can take it away.
What ways can I shine my light to others?
Here are 7 ways we can be a light to others:
- Don’t be afraid to speak the truth even if it is uncomfortable; you can/should do this in a loving way. As you speak, also remember to be a listener. Often time’s people need to have someone who really hears what they have to say.
- Trust in who God wants you to be, no matter how you feel. Everyone has a purpose they were created to fulfill. Keep pursuing your dreams, be optimistic and keep trying. Your attitude radiates to others.
- Praise the name of the Lord when given the opportunity. It’s important that we be grateful for what we already have. Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Daily immerse yourself in the Word of God. We should always be feeding ourselves with the daily bread of the Lord’s word. It is there to give us strength and encouragement.
- Kindness and giving even when in need. Jesus taught us a lot about being selfless. Even in our own time of need we should actively be praying and serving. The bible tells us that we reap what we sow.
- Consistent Prayer- Spending time with the Lord and getting an understanding of what he wants you to be doing in order to better shine your light.
- Don’t give up on yourself. Even if your light is small, it can still shine. Sometimes we may feel nervous about what we have to offer or how we’ll be perceived but your light is powerful, just don’t let it go.
When we let our light shine, God uses us to be witnesses to those in dark places. Our job is to keep our eyes on him and trust him to guide us.
Our light works from within us to shine the glory of Jesus Christ in everyday life, circumstances, and relationships. Don’t be afraid to let your light shine.